Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

I did well on Saturday

   Danny and I won 2 rounds out of 4, which is pretty good. Our first three rounds were against varsity/varsity teams and would very hard fought rounds. The last round we went against a varsity/novice team and won, because the negative team didn't have many arguments against us. Over all, though, I need to improve drastically, for I received 4th in speaker points for three of the rounds, while my partner, Danny, received 1st in speaker points in all four rounds. Tonight, I will be going to the club meeting and we will be debriefing the Round Robin.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Arthur! I'm so glad that you and Danny are improving. I'm glad you actually started doing debate! Benjamin's tournament went pretty well too - but they only had 3 LD competitors, while there were about 30 TP debators. Still, it was pretty neat that Benjamin got a 4-0 record, and got 1st in speaker points. Due to the size of the tournament, it's not as significant, but it's still good. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our tournament, there were only 4 LDers while there were over 70 TPers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthur, while speaker points are always great to have, they're not what wins the debate round. While you should, of course, continue to work on your speaking skill, that is not what will make you win. Keep up the good work. A 2-2 record is pretty good when you're a novice competing in varsity round-robin.

    ReplyDelete