Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I am so very sorry for neglecting.

   I am sorry for neglecting this blog for so long.
   A lot has taken place in life since my last post; Rosie and I helped at a camp one weedend, I helped at several day camps, I went on a DSA rafting trip with Rosie, my family went on our annual vacation up to our Grandparent's cabin up in the Cascades in Washington, and several other things.
   One important thing is that me and a few of my friends have started a Bible study thing. The reason I call it a Bible study thing is because we aren't going through the Bible, but a book; I Kissed Dating Goodbye. We plan to go on to other books when we finish this one. Please pray for me that I will be able to learn from this, and that I would be able to encourage my friends to continue in the walk.
   Another thing is, that I am debating whether or not I should join a speech and debate club this year. If you have anything to say about this, whether to encourage me to join or to discourage me, please comment.

As ever,
    Follow the King.

3 comments:

  1. A couple thoughts on speech and debate, as one who's never done it - I think they're good skills to learn and joining a club would definitely help. The only thing I've had a problem with with debate is how some folks have trouble then talking graciously and lovingly with unbelievers they might be disagreeing with, because they're used to debating to win as opposed to helping others see truth. I know this isn't a problem for everyone, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that can be a very big problem that I would have to keep myself from. Another problem, apparently, is that a lot of those that get into speech and debate become addicted, and they have no other life other then debate. It may be hard to imagine, but my cousin who is in speech says that he only knows a few speech and debaters that "have a life" other than speech and debate.

    ReplyDelete