Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Fourth

   At this very moment that I am writing this, I am surrounded by explosions. It's the Fourth of July, so everyone is setting off fireworks, and it really sounds like I'm in Damascus, Syria. It sounds as if I'm in a war torn city with a lull in the fighting. Explosions going off every once in a while, with little spurts of gun fire, it's a little unnerving if you imagine it this way. What would it be like to be fighting in such a place? I'm sure glad I'm not in Syria right now, but what about those who are, especially Christians, who are targeted. Close explosions now. I'm so glad it's only fireworks.
   But because it's the fourth, I'd like to focus on those soldiers who have fought for this country. None of us can really comprehend what they've endured. And those who have given their lives that we might have ours. Thank you so much for fighting for our freedom, we owe you so much.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." ~ John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment