Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back from Camp

   I got back from the Bellingham Debate Camp, and am still processing all the information that I have received. I was literally drowned with knowledge. My cousin, Benjamin, came too; I think mostly to be with me than to learn the are of debate. He's in speech (apologetics) so he did well in the speech part. He was also a lot more familiar with it all, having timed numerous debates. We got to be debate partners, and won one debate out of two. After the "mock" tournament on Thursday, Benjamin's mother picked us both up and I spent the weekend at my cousins' house. Very enjoyable time, and had fun with parking lot greeting at their church and singing "The Foggy Dew" with Benjamin, accompanied by Johanna on the piano.
   When I got home, Benjamin and I sat down on the couch and "helped" James on a program that he was designing. This program is supposed to show what kind of word a word is. Let me explain it a little better. You write a sentence, and it detects it by color coding it if the words are nouns, verbs, adverbs, etc.
   One more thing, Debate is starting this week, so from now on I will be extremely busy.
   Also, please pray for me, that I will grow in the Lord, and that I will debate in such a way that will honor the Lord.
   Until next time,
       Go serve your King.

2 comments:

  1. So 'Foggy Dew' was the name of the song we were singing/playing. I had no idea. It was fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime I have to show you an alternate tune to the Foggy Dew. I love the traditional one, but the way I learned it first was a lot more mournful rather than militaristic... but both fit it. But I can't find the tune anywhere other than a CD we have from a small band that's not around any more (at least as we knew it).

    By the way, I've finished a rough draft of a poem on the resurrection. ;)

    ReplyDelete