Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Deschutes Wildlife Walk

Last Saturday, April 28th, I and my family went on a field trip to the  Deschutes River Canyon, with Creation Encounter. Here are a few pictures.


Stinging Nettle


Poison Hemlock


Bed Hay


"Sock Nest" of a bush tit up in a tree


Poison Oak


Prairie Star


Lizard upon a log.


Columbia Basalt behind the bench.


A fly on a plant


Looking back along the path we have traversed.


An insect on a Wild Cucumber (Wild Cucumber is poisonous)


Two Beetles mating


Rock Wren


Balsomroot


Rattle Snake under rock (Columbia Basalt)
I was looking for crickets, and David came to join me. He nearly stepped on it. I wasn't able to get my camera out before it managed to slither under a rock. The rattle snake was about two feet long.


Western Fence Lizzard


Looking down at the river


Rapids


A turn in the river. The hills in the background are across the Columbia, in Washington.


Lupine


Beetles in cage.

We saw many more Birds and Flowers, but I was unable to take pictures of them all. It was a beautiful day, and I made a "Talk" on this field trip on Pinacate Beetles. The beginning of my career as an Entomologist! Mr. Hayley was the bird naturalist, and Mr. Herganrather was the Geologist. Also Noah, an amateur like me, made a talk about how wood petrified. His talk was done quite well and was very informing. 

www.creationencounter.com/
www.pdxdsa.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment