Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Great Quote

"During an early interrogation I had told an officer who was threatening to kill me, 'Sir, let me explain how I see this issue. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying.'

'Here is how it works. you know that my sermons on tape have spread all over the country. If you kill me, those sermons will be sprinkled with my blood. Everyone will know I died for my preaching. And everyone who has a tape will pick it up and say, 'I'd better listen again to what this man preached, because he really meant it; he sealed it with hiss life.'

'So, my sermons will speak ten times louder than before.
I will actually rejoice in the supreme victory if you kill me.'

After I said this, the interrogator sent me home.

Another officer who was interrogating a pastor friend of mine told him, 'We know that Mr Tson would love to be a martyr, but we are not that foolish to fulfill his wish.' I stopped to consider the meaning of that statement. I remembered how for many years, I had been afraid of dying. I had kept a low profile. Because I wanted badly to live, I had wasted my life in inactivity. But now that I had placed my life on the altar and decided I was ready to die for the Gospel, they were telling me they would not kill me! I could go wherever I wanted in the country and preach whatever I wanted, knowing I was safe. As long as I tried to save my life, I was losing it. Now that I was willing to lose it, I found it."

~Josef Tson

2 comments:

  1. The man preaching at our Resurrection Day service quoted part of that.
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Secret Church on Good Friday, and the pastor quoted this.

    ReplyDelete