Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sports Camp

This spring break our church held a "sports camp." I volunteered as an "assistant coach" along with quite a few others. I was surprised of the number of volunteers that had come.
I was impressed and encouraged at the leader training. We were taught to be outstanding, or standing out from the crowd, and it I have to admit that it was quite a challenge.
I have before helped at a VBS, at Grace Community Church, and let me tell you that it had no heart as did the sports camp that I just participated in. Yes they told Bible stories, but that isn't evangelistic. Unless you share the gospel, (which includes God creating a perfect world and how He created man in His own image, and that when man sinned, that sin separated man from God) there is no gospel. Well, back on track, this VBS, now that I look back on it, hardly reflected Christ, but just seemed that they were just trying to be "a fun and safe place to be."
The sports camp "training" was challenging for me, but it is what we should all be able to do: step out of your comfort-zone and tell others about the gospel. I challenge everyone to not only be the visible presence of God, but to also be the verbal presence. Proclaim the gospel to all the earth.

Matthew 28:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment